- 2tablespoons canola oil, plus more for the grill
- 2tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1medium eggplant (about 1 pound), cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 46-ounce pieces skinless halibut
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1jalapeño, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2cup fresh cilantro
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil and 1 tablespoon soy sauce. Brush the eggplant and fish with it and season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Oil grill. Grill the eggplant and fish until the eggplant is tender and slightly charred and the fish is opaque throughout, 3 to 5 minutes per side for both.
- In a second small bowl, combine the vinegar, ginger, jalapeño, cilantro, and remaining soy sauce. Drizzle over the fish and eggplant before serving.