- 2boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2cup chopped red onion
- 1jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3cups canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 1/4cups cherry tomato halves
- 2scallions, thinly sliced
- 2tablespoons coarsely chopped cilantro
- 2teaspoons red wine vinegar
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Place the chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Pound with a mallet to ½-inch thickness. Combine the cumin with the cayenne and rub over the chicken.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté the chicken for 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board.
- Return the skillet with the pan drippings to medium heat. Add the onion and jalapeño. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the beans, corn, tomatoes, and 3 tablespoons water and cook, stirring, 1 or 2 minutes, until just heated through. Remove from heat.
- Toss with the scallions, cilantro, and vinegar. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Slice the chicken and arrange on top of the beans.