- 3/4pound sirloin steak (1 inch thick)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1teaspoon grated lime zest
- 3tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1tablespoon honey
- 1tablespoon chopped pickled ginger (found in the international aisle of the market)
- 2teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3tablespoons canola oil
- 1large head romaine lettuce, cut into strips (about 7 cups)
- 1mango, cut into thin strips
- 1red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2cup fresh basil leaves, sliced
- 2scallions, thinly sliced
- 1teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Season the steak with ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Cook 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the lime zest and juice, honey, ginger, soy sauce, oil, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Add the lettuce, mango, bell pepper, basil, and scallions and toss to combine. Gently fold in the steak and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.